Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas

So, it's that time of year again and Super Kawaii Mama wants to know what our ideal vintage Christmas would consist of. I fancy myself a romantic, awaiting holidays with the same zeal as when I was a little 'un. But sometimes we're disappointed and the magic of childhood is difficult to capture again, so I like to fantasize sometimes that I live in a Norman Rockwell painting. I allow myself to get excited for Christmas when December rolls around and I always will, because even though I'm likely to be disappointed again, isn't hope what really keeps our inner child alive? Not presents, not cookies, not footie pajamas. But hope and excitement that just won't die.



My perfect vintage christmas would start by waking up nice and cozy in bed with the smell of cinnamon buns, hot chocolate, and snow in the air. Presents are exchanged and tinsel sticks to our bottoms as we sit around the tree fighting to get our presents first. The fact that we're adults doesn't keep us from sledding down big hills and the fact that we feel like kids doesn't deter us from kissing our loves under the falling snow. Ham dinners, crackling fires, and perfect black and white movies go by in a whirl as Bing Crosby sings us into another Christmas reverie.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Dollface,
    Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on Calivintage. We invite you to enter another contest we're running where you can win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Our Style Director will be reviewing the entries and choosing the winning recipe. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets.

    Thanks again,
    The Beso Team
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete